Report of the Meeting held Monday, 16th May 2022 Scotland



Minutes of a meeting of the board of directors of the Company held on Zoom, Monday, 16 May 2022, at 11am

Present:                                                                                                    Apologies:

Paul Togneri (PT) – Chair                                                                           Jo Graham (JG)

Mike Clist (MC)

Andy Tighe – (AT)

Paul Waterson (PW)

Paul Wishart (PWis)

Leon Thompson (LT)

Fiona Moran – (FM)



  1. Preliminary

The Chair noted that the meeting had been duly convened and declared the meeting open.


  1. Minutes of the last meeting Monday, 24th January 2022

PT proceeded with the meeting by requesting that the minutes of the meeting held on

24th January 2022 be proposed as a true and accurate record of the discussions that took place.


  • All action points were confirmed, and all other items listed on the agenda. PW proposed minutes were a good record and PWis seconded the approval.



  1. PIRRS & PICA-Service Update


  • FM gave an update and confirmed that there are currently no Scottish PIRRS cases, or enquiries.



  • MC gave an update on a potential PICAs case and confirmed that as mediation between the Tenant and Landlord is still taking place the case may never get to a full hearing.


  1. Tied Pubs Bill Update

PT gave an overview on the status, and advised the Board that Part 2 of the consultation

closed Thursday, 12 May and that the Scottish Government will now be reviewing all the


PT added that hopefully they will provide a set of regulations and proposal before the summer

and potentially have the revised code in place by the end of the year.

AT commented that the Scottish Government published the 1st consultation, but it did not

really give any update to MRO or the guest beer provisions.

MC said the PGB financial year runs from 1st August and has proposed to include

all the Scottish pubs until the bill comes in.

PT commented that interviews have been held for a Scottish Pubs Code Adjudicator.



  1. Timeframe for PIRRS and PICAS


MC advised that this should remain as an agenda point, there is a need to set a timeframe for people to continue to use PICAS and a date will need to be set. (In E&W we allowed 3 months)
with regards to PIRRS we would approach the companies subject to the Scottish Pubs Code  to agree as in E & W that they are happy to continue to allow Tied Tenants to go to PIRRS.




  • AT to Discuss the companies’ applicable to the Code – if they are happy to continue to allow Tied Tenancies to go to PIRRS, once we have seen the new regulations
  • FM to include the timeframe for PIRRS and PICAs on the next agenda.



  1. AOB


  • MC informed the board that the questionnaire that goes out to the companies in August, will now be an electronic version rather than paper to avoid any incorrect submissions. MC also mentioned that a new question asking if companies are using the new the Kite Mark (if not do they intend to) as he suspects many are still not.
  • AT commented that this was a good development moving forward and it will be interesting to see the kite mark responses from the audit.



  1. Date and Time of Next Meeting:


  • It was agreed to send out a Doodle Poll for the first two weeks in October, MC advised the Board, that if any new development of the Scottish Code need to be discussed a meeting will be organised.
  • PT also commented that it would be an idea to invite the new Scottish Pubs Code Adjudicator to the next meeting once appointed.




  • FM to send out Doodle Poll for October.


Meeting Closed

Back To List