PUB GOVERNING BODY LTD
ENGLAND & WALES
Minutes of a meeting of the board of directors of the Company held on Zoom, Tuesday, 18th October 2022 at 11am
Sir Peter Luff (Chairman) – (SPL) Kate Nicholls – (KN)
Mike Clist – (MC) Bill Sharpe – (BS)
Emma McClarkin – (EM)
Martin Caffrey – (MCa)
James Anderson – (JA)
Andy Tighe – (AT)
Nick Griffin – (NG)
George Barnes – (GB)
Jayson Perfect – (JP
Fiona Moran – (FM)
The Chairman noted that the meeting had been duly convened, that a quorum of five directors were present in accordance with the Articles of Association and declared the meeting open.
- Minutes of the last meeting Monday, 13TH June 2022
SPL proceeded with the meeting by requesting that the minutes of the meeting held on 13th June 2022 to be proposed as a true and accurate record of the discussions that took place.
MC asked FM if the link to the Diversity and Inclusion link had been included on the PGB website, FM confirmed this had been done.
- All action points were confirmed, MC proposed minutes were a good record and NG seconded the approval.
- PICA-Service Update of Cases
- FM informed the board that there were no PICA-S cases for England and Wales.
- PIRRS case update
- FM gave an update on the open PIRRS Cases.
- There is one open PIRRS case, two cases are one hold and one with the Independent Expert which determination is due by the end of October.
- No cases have been Determined since the last meeting.
- 6th Annual Audit
- MC discussed the annual audit with the board and gave an update on the new electronic version. MC informed the board that due to hidden macros in the sheet it proved to be a problem with some companies and their firewalls, which took a little longer than anticipated
- MC informed the board that he was happy with the outcome, and that it was the highest compliance since the start of the reports.
- SPL informed the board he was delighted with the standard of the report.
- The board approved the content of the annual audit.
- Sir Peter Luff Resignation
- SPL thanked the board for their support over the years and confirmed he will be leaving 31st December 2022.
- EM relayed her thanks to SPL for his knowledge, help and support to the PGB since 2014, GB seconded that.
- MC also expressed his pleasure in working with SPL and again thanks SPL.
- MC asked both SPL and JA to leave the meeting to discuss the future Chair of the PGB.
6a. Discussion re Future Chair of PGB
- MC discussed with the board an update to the annual audit thanking SPL again and proposed JA to take over the position of Chair – AT agreed and EM seconded it.
- JA was voted in as Chair from 1st January 2023
- An additional comment from the Board regarding SPL’s service and the appointment of JA was added to the annual audit. The board approved the comments.
7.Annual Accounts – 31st July 2022 & Budget for 2023
- MC presented the accounts for 2022 and the budget for 2023.
- The board approved the accounts and budget.
- Date and Time of Next Meeting
- GB asked if we were looking at meeting in person, the board discussed the possibility and agreed if people could not make it to have a dial in option.
- FM to send dates out for February 2023.