Report of the Meeting Held Thursday, 11th February – Scotland


Minutes of a meeting of the board of directors of the Company held on Zoom, Thursday, 11th February at 11am

Present:                                                                                                       Apologies:

Jo Graham (JG)                                                                                                Brian Davidson (BD)

Mike Clist – (MC)                                                                                             Paul Togneri (PT)

Willi McLeod (WM)

Paul Waterson (PW)

Paul Wishart (PWis)

Andy Tighe – (AT)

Fiona Moran – (FM)


  1. Preliminary

The Chair noted that the meeting had been duly convened and declared the meeting open


 2. Minutes of the last meeting 21st October 2020

JG proceeded with the meeting by requesting that the minutes of the meeting held on 21st October 2020 be proposed as a true and accurate record of the discussions that took place.

  • MC gave an update with regards to the BII web-site and CRM which is due to go live at the end of March, which the PGB, PIRRS & PICAS sites will switch to.
  • All action points were confirmed and the Board approved the minutes.


  1. PIRRS & PICA-Service Update

PIRRS – FM gave an updated that the Scottish PIRRS case was closed out of PIRRS. PW asked if PIRRS was still functioning. MC informed the board that the rent reviews have been put on hold and could be back dated to the date it was due. PW informed the board that the re-lets are all on hold and they are doing tenancy changes and retiring tenants.  MC commented that the PCA have put a timeframe on theirs until the end of March, but the PGB have no timeframe.

PICA-Service – MC updated on call numbers from the BII and PGB helplines.


  1. Trademark
  • MC re-iterated the importance for pub companies to use it. AT to communicate again to all pub companies and asked if FM could re-circulate it to the Board.


  •  FM to re-circulate the Trademark to the board.


 5. AOB

AT updated the board on the Bibby’s Bill, and informed the board that it could be 2 years before it comes in to force, the final stage of the bill passed by the end of March.  MC suggested in pushing PR out from JG raising awareness that PIRRS and PICA-Service will still be available to pub companies during this time.  A discussion was held on the timescale and it was agreed when the bill has gone through this would be the appropriate time.  It was agreed that JG would liaise with PW to produce a statement. MC confirmed that when the Code came in to effect in E&W there was a 6 month grace period for cases, and also commented that the Big 6 companies agreed to continue to use PIRRS for their Tied rents.

AT also suggested a meeting in April to discuss further.


  •  JG and PW to liaise and produce a written statement
  • FM to send out doodle poll for April


 6. Date and Time of Next Meeting:

  • FM to send out Doodle Poll for the beginning of April 2021


Meeting Closed

Back To List