Report of the Meeting Held Monday, 14th June – E&W

 

PUB GOVERNING BODY LTD –  ENGLAND & WALES

Minutes of a meeting of the board of directors of the Company held on Zoom, Monday, 14th June 2021 at 11am

Present:                                                                                                               Apologies:

Sir Peter Luff (Chairman) – (SPL)                                                                         Bill Sharpe – (BS)

Mike Clist – (MC)                                                                                                     James Anderson – (JA)

Kate Nicholls – (KN)

Emma McClarkin – (EM)

Nick Griffin – (NG)

George Barnes – (GB)

Martin Caffrey – (MCa)

Andy Tighe – (AT)

Jayson Perfect – (JP)

Fiona Moran – (FM)

 

1.Preliminary

The Chairman welcomed Jayson Perfect to the meeting and noted that the meeting had been duly convened, that a quorum of five directors were present in accordance with the Articles of Association and declared the meeting open.

 

2.Minutes of the last meeting Wednesday, 10th February 2021

The Chair proceeded with the meeting by requesting that the minutes of the meeting held on 10th February 2021 to be proposed as a true and accurate record. NG commented under Point 7 AOB – Regarding the consultation with the board in relation to the code of practice.

  • NG stated that it was not his recollection that it was agreed with the board previously as
    they would not engage.

Matters Arising

2a.     The board agreed that they should be given the chance to review and agree any revisions to
the code of practice.

2b.     GB would like to be involved in the consultation.

  • The Board approved the minutes.

Action

  • AT to invite GB to the working party when the review of the code of practice takes place.

 

  1. PICA-Service Update of Cases
  • FM advised the Board that there had been no new potential PICA-Service case enquiries
    since the last PGB meeting.
  • MC commented that there had been an increase of helpline calls via PGB and BII and gave a
    couple of examples of the type of calls he has been dealing with.

 

  1.   PIRRS case update
  • FM gave an update on the open PIRRS Cases.
  • There are three open PIRRS cases, two of which are currently with the Independent Expert
    waiting for an outcome, and one which payment has just been received.
  • One case has been determined well within the 9 month timeframe since the last PGB meeting
    and four cases closed and settled out of PIRRS.
  • FM also informed the board that we have two new Independent Experts on board, Paul Newby
    and Stephen Hattley and still awaiting a nomination for Michael Hughes.
  • GB asked for the significance of the closed cases highlighted blue, FM confirmed that
    these are the cases that have been Determined through PIRRS.

Action

  • Michel Hughes nomination received the following day, awaiting board approval.

 

  1. Compliance Report Review

 MC discussed with the Board that FM had reviewed the questionnaire and asked if the
questionnaire should be circulated this year. The board held a discussion and agreed
that the questionnaire should be sent out, a conversation was held regarding the
content.

  • MC also discussed the fee this year and advised the board for it to remain at £18 per pub,
    the board agreed.
  • MC gave an update on Scotland and informed the board once the bill has gone through in two
    years’ time, fees for the E&W companies will likely to be increased to c.£22 per pub.

Action

  • FM to amend and update the questionnaire.

6.  AOB

 None noted.

7. Date and Time of Next Meeting:

  • FM to send out Doodle Poll for mid October 2021.
  • A discussion was held in relation to the PGB meetings going forward and it was agreed to
    meet once a year in person (Potentially Jan / Feb 2022) with the rest of the meetings to
    be held on Zoom.

 

Meeting Closed.

Back To List