Report of the Meeting Held Monday, 12th April – Scotland


Minutes of a meeting of the board of directors of the Company held on Zoom, Monday, 12 April 2021, at 11am

Present:                                                                                                               Apologies:

Jo Graham (JG)                                                                                                         Brian Davidson (BD)

Mike Clist – (MC)                                                                                                       Willi McLeod (WM)

Andy Tighe – (AT)

Paul Togneri (PT)

Paul Waterson (PW)

Paul Wishart (PWis)

Fiona Moran – (FM)


  1. Preliminary

The Chair noted that the meeting had been duly convened and declared the meeting open


  1. Minutes of the last meeting 11 February 2021

JG proceeded with the meeting by requesting that the minutes of the meeting held on 11 February 2021 be proposed as a true and accurate record of the discussions that took place.

  • All action points were confirmed and the Board approved the minutes.


  1. PIRRS & PICA-Service Update

 PIRRS – FM gave an update and confirmed that there had been no Scottish PIRRS enquiries.

 PICA-Service – FM gave an update and confirmed that there were no Scottish PICAS cases.


  1. Publicising PIRRS and PICAS availability
  • MC confirmed that a statement has been put together by PW covering the continuation and availability of PIRRS and PICAS during the bill transition. MC made some minor amendments to include pub company names and confirmed that the board represents both Landlords and Tenants and all statements have to remain as neutral as possible.
  • The board approved the press release and confirmed it should go to as many contacts as possible w/c 19th  Contacts to be sent to FM.


  •  Press Contacts to be sent to FM
  • FM to send the press release out w/c 19th April 2021


  1. Tied Pubs Bill Update
  • AT updated the board and confirmed the bill was passed on 23 March, but could take up to two years for the transition, after the elections and the new government are in place. There has already been discussions taking place between members and the SLTA re key elements (MRO etc) and confirmed that the industry needs to be working together so the code works as best as it can.
  • MC discussed with the board the timeframe for PICAs cases and suggested it staying open for 3 months after the new code comes in. With regards to PIRRS, England and Wales allow tenants under the pubs code with tied rents to continue to use PIRRS and this is something to think about, this will be kept as an agenda item to discuss. MC commented that it would be good if PIRRS stays open for the pub companies in Scotland.


  • Action
  • FM to include timeframe for PICAS and PIRRS as an agenda item for the next Board Meeting


  1. AOB
  • MC informed the board that the BII offices have relocated to Fleet. New address as follows: Sentinel House, Ancells Business Park, Harvest Crescent, Fleet, Hampshire GU51 2UZ.
  • FM will be updating the PGB, PIRRS and PICA-Service web-sites and all paperwork with the new office address.
  • MC commented that the next PGB meeting to take place In October, will be the one year anniversary with JG as Chairman, and will be include as an agenda item to discuss further.
  • Willie Macleod retires from UKHospitality at the end of April. His successor, Leon Thompson, joins UKH on 4 May. It will probably be appropriate to confirm with Kate Nicholls that Leon will join the PGBS board as the UKH representative.


  • Action


  • FM to update new office address on web-site and papers
  • FM to include on the next agenda, the appointment of a new chairman


  1. Date and Time of Next Meeting:


  • FM to send out Doodle Poll for October 2021


Meeting Closed

Back To List