Minutes of a meeting of the board of directors of the Company held at BBPA Offices, Brewers’ Hall, Aldermanbury Square, London, EC2V 7HR on Monday, 16th
October 2017 at 12:30 pm
Sir Peter Luff (Chairman) – (SPL) James Anderson (JA)
Mike Clist – (MC)
Brigid Simmonds – (BS)
Kate Nicholls – (KN)
Bill Sharpe – (BS)
Nick Griffin (NG)
Martin Caffrey (MCa)
Jim Cathcart – (JC)
Chris Welham (CW)
George Barnes (GB)
Fiona Moran – (FM)
The Chairman noted that the meeting had been duly convened, that a quorum of five directors was present in accordance with the Articles of Association and declared the meeting open.
2. Minutes of the last meeting 20th February 2017
The Chair proceeded with the meeting by requesting that the minutes of the meeting held on 20th February 2017 be proposed as a true and accurate record of the discussions that took place. The Board approved the minutes.
3.PICA-Service update of cases
- FM advised the Board that the database shows all enquiries received since the last PGB meeting, FM informed the board that MC resolves enquiries via the Business Support Help line that could become potential PICAS cases.
- There is one PICAS case hearing on Thursday, 26th October 2017.
- MC confirmed the PICAS panel for Scotland, SPL suggested including a Scottish member on the Board, MC confirmed the Chair James Anderson is on both the E&W and the Scottish Panel. SPL commented that a Press Release should be drafted to promote PIRRS and PICA Services in Scotland.
- It was agreed that MC should inform Paul Newby that the year’ grace giving which a tenant or lessee of the big 6 companies has the opportunity to bring a case under PICAS is now up. There is one such case under consideration.
- Press Release on the PICAS Scottish Panel – JC to draft
- MC to liaise with Paul Newby – Post mtg minute MC has informed PN
4. PIRRS case update
- FM gave an update on the open PIRRS Cases.
- 10 active cases, 8 of which are with the Independent Experts, 2 are at Deed of Variation stage and should be with the chosen Independent Expert at the beginning of December.
- There was a discussion held around MRO and PIRRS – JC clarified PIRRS for the over 500 companies can be used on tied rents on a case by case basis, if both parties mutually agree. It was agreed by the board that it should be made clear to the public.
- JC/BS to organise a press release to make it clear how and when PIRRS could be used for tenants and lessees of the over 500 companies. KN happy to help.
5. PGB, PIRRS & PICA-Service Website Update Proposal
- MC informed the board that he had presented the financial year end results to BS as the agreement is with the BBPA. It was agreed that the accounts should also be presented to the Board who have responsibilities as Directors. MC confirmed that the fee had been reduced from £20 to £16 per pub for the new financial year. The PGB account a surplus of £24k which will be accrued against future planned expenditure.
- The board agreed that the annual accounts should be circulated to all board members, MC confirmed he would bring copies to the next PGB meeting.
- FM discussed with the board the update of both the front and back end of BII’s website by Wisetiger. The PGB sites were not updated due to the uncertainty with the pub code. After trying to update the Scottish Panel members due to an old version of word press, this proved difficult. FM discussed the quote with the board. The board approved the expenditure to update the website.
- FM to organise the update of the websites
- MC to bring annual accounts to next PGB Meeting
6. Annual Audit for the under 500 companies