PGB Statement – March 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PGB meeting due to take place on Monday, 23rd March has been postponed. Members agreed by email:
- To approve the minutes of the most recent meeting of the PGB and
- To hold extraordinary meetings of the board by telephone as and when any member requested one.
- That the next full PGB Board meeting would be scheduled for the Autumn in the expectation things would at least be beginning to return to normal.
Sir Peter commented that members of the board accepted the cancellation of the meeting on the basis of a written statements about PIRRS, PICAS and the PGB in Scotland, the issues the board would have considered at its meeting. He emphasised that the PGB stood ready to act if it was felt that we had any particular contribution to make to the debate over the ongoing viability of the sector in the light of corona virus and the response of both government and landlords to it.
Members of the PGB Board were provided with the following information:
- PIRRS Case update & Independent Experts
- There are currently two active PIRRS cases, both of which are with the Independent Experts.
- Two cases have closed since the last PGB meeting, one out of PIRRS and one determined.
- Jonathan Reakes has joined the PIRRS panel covering the South West, West Midlands and Wales.
- The Board was advised that there have been no new potential PICA-Service case enquiries since the last PGB Meeting.
- PGB Scotland
- The Scottish PGB is formed and was due to meet again in May but again this is likely to be re-scheduled.
23rd March 2020